WHAT TO DO WITH NO LOCAL AGENT
Sending Curtains & Blinds
ADDRESS FOR SENDING
17 Alach Street, Gate Pa, Tauranga
Curtain Clean has agents/drop off points in most North Island cities. For our curtain cleaning service in your local area, select your area under “Find Your Local Agent” in the menu above.
If we don’t yet have a local agent in your area, curtains can either be be couriered or brought into Curtain Clean.
You can use your preferred courier – or we can arrange for your parcels to be picked up and brought to us.
Packing Curtains for Sending
- Hooks and pins should be left in the curtains. If you have already taken them out, put them in a small bag and include them in the parcel.
- Curtains should be packed into boxes (not too tightly) or wrapped in plastic.
- Roman Blinds should be sent with the wooden rail, blind intact, strings still in the blind.
- Packages can be up to 15kg per box or bag / 2.4m long
- Curtains sent to us by courier will be returned the same way unless otherwise arranged. There is a courier charge to pick items up via courier.
- Please include a fact sheet with your information including contact numbers and email address. Include any information you consider relevant to the curtains, e.g. Pet hair, wine / food spillage, previous cleaners, etc. This information will assist us in the cleaning process.
Arranging for a parcel pickup via Curtain Clean
Freight is charged to Curtain Clean and will be charged to your Invoice.
- Auckland, Bay Of Plenty, Waikato: $11.50 per parcel up to15kg
- South of Taupo to Wellington, Napier, Wairarapa, Palmerston North, Wanganui: $15.00 up to 15 kg
- Rural: extra $8.00
- South Island: Send us an Email
Courier Insurance is included. Courier charges will be charged to your account under Freight.
Once you have packed the curtains into a parcel for the courier, contact us via phone or email with the following details:
- Number of parcels.
- Where to pick up the parcels from. e.g. front porch (not available for rural at this time)
- Contact details at pickup address and for yourself if different including your email address
- Place address to return the curtains to
- Time when the parcels are/will be ready for pickup
We will action the pickup when we get your information. When we receive the curtains we will contact you with confirmation.
Repairs and Alterations
If you require alterations to the curtain(s) or specific repairs made please include this on the information sheet.
If you require new linings on the curtains, please tell us what type of lining and we will advise you of the price before proceeding.
All work will need to be paid for before return, either by cheque or direct debit to our bank account.
The account number is included on any invoice we send via Email.
An email will be sent to you once the curtains have been priced and the curtains will be dispatched on payment.
Long or Heavy parcels
For parcels that are longer than 2.4m or heavier than 25kg, PBT require that these are a truck pick up.
The freight cost per truck pickup is a minimum of $40.00 per pickup. This will be charged to your Invoice.
We require an estimate of the cubic size, and an estimate of the weight.
It does not need to be accurate, but a reasonable estimate. Freight is charged on these parameters and PBT will check weigh and measure the freight.
To work out the m3:
- Height of parcel x width of parcel x length of parcel
- Make sure you get the decimal point in the right places
If required we can advise a price before cleaning. Any estimates given by phone or email prior to measuring are subject to confirmation once received in our workshop. If you require this price confirmation before proceeding please indicate with your other information.